[3830] OnQP VE3WO SOABMixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve3wo@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] OnQP VE3WO SOABMixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 15:17:22 -0700
                    Ontario QSO Party

Call: VE3WO
Operator(s): VE3WO
Station: VE3WO

Class: SOABMixed LP
QTH: SUD
Operating Time (hrs): 8

  160:   10      0      9
   80:   28     41     42
   40:   60     91     57
   20:    2      0      2
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
  222:
  432:
---------------------------
Total:  100    132    110  Total Score = 48,620

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Condx were less than stellar, as I heard pretty much nil above 40m.  Saturday
was great rate for the few hours I was on; Sunday saw a real drop in fresh meat,
and I really had to dig for Q's.  Had fun rounding up a few state mults by
calling CQ up in the US SSB section of the 40m band.  Those mults were enough to
raise the Sudbury district record by 492 pts (I set it in 2001 under VE3YGN, my
old call).  Did it despite only working 40 of 48 sections in Ontario, but was
able to work more 2-pt CW Q's than in previous years.

Of course, had a great time, as usual in this, my favourite contest.  Sincere
thanks to all who took their show on the road, in mobile & rover stns.  Nice to
work VE3ODX & VA3RAC in so many different counties, both modes.  NB1B never
fails to impress me in the fine art of passing mults.  Follow him around for 5
minutes in this contest, and you will see how it is done.  FB, OM.

Thanks to the ODXA for their sponsorship of this contest, to Bob VE3SRE and Bob
VE3AGC for their FB organization, and to N9OH and VE3SYB for their hard work in
preparing logging modules/programs for the OQP.  Their hard work is very much
appreciated.

Thx for all the Q's, see you next year.

73 Travis VE3WO
ve3wo@rac.ca