[3830] MiQP K8IR/M Mobile LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] MiQP K8IR/M Mobile LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 18:27:45 -0700
                    Michigan QSO Party

Call: K8IR/M
Operator(s): K8IR KG8CX
Station: K8IR/M

Class: Mobile LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 11.5

   80:   36      0
   40:  337     89
   20:  109      0
   15:    0      0
   10:    0      0
--------------------
Total:  482     89  CW Mults = 68  Ph Mults = 38  Total Score = 111,618

Club: M&M ARC

Comments:

This was our second attempt as a mobile rover in the MIQP.  Thanks mostly to
much better propagation and what appeared to be higher participation, especially
from out-of-state contesters, we met our goal of doubling the number of QSO's
from last year.

While we had no problem attracting attention on CW (the pileups at night were
awesome), we found it very difficult getting a run going on SSB.  Most of our
phone contacts were S&P.

The UP weather ranged from dense fog to heavy rain along much of our route.  We
only saw the sun briefly in Marquette County. At least it was liquid
precipitation! A big thanks to Ed, KG8CX, who handled the driving in some tough
conditions.

Thanks to everyone who called us. I'm looking forward to being on the other end
and following the Florida mobiles this weekend.