[3830] MiQP WT9U/M Mobile LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] MiQP WT9U/M Mobile LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 20:31:56 -0700
                    Michigan QSO Party

Call: WT9U/M
Operator(s): WT9U, KC8TSP
Station: WT9U/M

Class: Mobile LP
QTH: MI
Operating Time (hrs): 12

   80:
   40:  482    171
   20:  132     11
   15:
   10:
--------------------
Total:  614    182  CW Mults = 66  Ph Mults = 54  Total Score = 168,480

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Lot's of thanks to Ian, KC8TSP for driving me all around western Michigan.
Twenty-four counties, 550 miles door-door.  Also thanks to Herb, WA9RNT for the
use of his TS430 and Ron, W9CG for the use of an antenna tuner.

Discoverd on Thursday evening that my 12v to 5.3 volt converter for my old 486
laptop was very "noisy".  It was actually quieter to run and inverter and the
110v powersupply.  Still there was lots of hash to avoid, not always
successfully.  Felt like an alligator on 20 ssb so didn't operate much there.
If anyone has suggestions on powering the laptop "noise free" please let me
know.

Needed to pass more mults, especially from cw to phone.  With all the BC stuff
on 40m after dark it makes it a bit tricky to find a freq to pass a mult to.

Thanks for all the q's and look for me in the Indiana QSO Party on May 3rd.

73...Jim, WT9U