[3830] FlQP N2CU SOABMixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] FlQP N2CU SOABMixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 05:16:17 -0700
                    Florida QSO Party

Call: N2CU
Operator(s): N2CU
Station: N2CU

Class: SOABMixed LP
QTH: NY
Operating Time (hrs): 10.25

   40:   20      0
   20:  191     76
   15:   21     12
   10:    3      0
--------------------
Total:  235     88  CW Mults = 64  Ph Mults = 40  Total Score = 115,232

Club: WNYDXA

Comments:

Well, in spite of K4OJ's valiant attempts to stir up activity, I couldn't get
motivated for this one. Knowing conditions would be worse on the high bands than
last year put a damper on things. Took lots of off time due to lack of fixed
station Florida activity. However, the mobiles did a super job as usual.

I will repeat again... this contest is TOO long, IMHO. The activity is just not
up to the level for a 20 hour contest, especially on the first nice weekend in
the frozen North. Kind of like operating Sunday afternoon SS, but on both days!
Make it 8-10 hours and you've got a winner. Of course the mobiles will complain,
and rightly so, since they're traveling a long distance to activate all those
counties.

OK, after all my complaining, I still enjoyed the test and hooking up with
familiar calls. Thanks to the mobiles for a super job.

FT1000MP, TH6DXX 50', 40m 1/4 sloper, TR Log.