[3830] NewEngQP K6LL Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K6LL@juno.com
Subject: [3830] NewEngQP K6LL Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 09:55:49 -0700
                    New England QSO Party

Call: K6LL
Operator(s): K6LL
Station: K6LL

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 8

   80:      1        0
   40:     28        0
   20:     75      121
   15:     26       53
   10:      0        0
------------------------
Total:    130      174  Mults = 54  Total Score = 23,220

Club: Southwest Arizona Contest Club

Comments:

I was going to pass on this year's NEQP, but just this past week, I received a
very nice plaque from last year's contest for the top score in the West. It's a
beauty, so I decided to try for it again. Thanks to K1KI and W1RH for sponsoring
it last year.

Band conditions were el stinko from out here. I had zero on 10 meters (152 Q's
last year), and 79 Q's on 15 (133 last year). 20 had loud QRN from those big
tornado-spawning thunderstorms in the midwest. Absorption was high on 40, and as
for 80, fagedaboutit.

I lived in Rhode Island for 30 years, so it's always nice to work into New
England. I have fond memories of driving around in the state QSO Parties in the
60's, putting on those rare counties. It was nice to work some guys from the
Providence Radio Club, and even one old high school chum.

See you all in WPX, giving the callsign KZ7X it's cw contest debut.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL (ex - K1JYN)
Yuma, AZ