[3830] NewEngQP NB1B(W1KM) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, NB1B@attbi.com
Subject: [3830] NewEngQP NB1B(W1KM) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 17:43:27 -0700
                    New England QSO Party

Call: NB1B
Operator(s): W1KM
Station: NB1B

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: BRIMA
Operating Time (hrs): 20
Radios: SO2R

   80:     70        1
   40:    232       63
   20:    317      209
   15:    225       41
   10:     16        5
------------------------
Total:    860      319  Mults = 119  Total Score = 242,641

Club:

Comments:

I like the new hours.  The extra two hours Sat eve are good for the low bands to
the states, but whee was everyone on 80M SSB?  My only 80M SSB QSO was with
N4PN, and he moved me there!  Other than him, I never heard another contest
station on 80M SSB despite a number of 2nd radio tunes.

Allowing NE stations to count DXCC Countries as mults also adds spice to this
test.  All the CW action was interesting- other than a few hours on 20M SSB, I
was never able to get much of a run going on SSB.  10M was nonexistent (except
for QSYs), and 15M SSB to the US was never very productive although many signals
were loud there.  CW on any band but 10M, though, just seemed to keep on
cranking.  N4PN was my only "clean sweep"- 10 QSOs.

Mults missed:  LB, NB, PEI, SK, NWT, NU (this is one sweep that is going to be
very difficult to ever get- working NU, NWT, and YT in the same weekend!)
Country mults: 61

Thanks for the Qs, and a special thanks to those that QSYed for me.

Dennis NB1B