[3830] WPX CW DL6FBL SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW DL6FBL SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 13:39:47 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: DL6FBL
Operator(s): DL6FBL
Station: DL6FBL

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: Fulda/Germany
Operating Time (hrs): 36
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    9
   80:  175
   40:  547
   20: 1070
   15:  455
   10:   81
------------

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

Hi all,

can someone please direct me to a website, where I can cancel the subscription
for bad propagation here in Germany? It's like email spam. Once you are on the
list, they send you the sh*t all the time. Maybe I should change my location, so
they don't find me too easily next time...    :-o

OK, no decent 15 meters openings again this time. 15m Japan non-existent on
Sunday morning, but good JA signals late Sunday evening on 20m. Good 20m West
Coast opening on Saturday, very weak on Sunday. I always had the feeling that
now is the wrong time for a break, but... Not enough activity on the low bands,
CQ's on 160m were never answered (although I had modified the 80m Titanex
vertical on the aluminium rooftop to be an Inverted L on 160 - had reports of
"10dB louder than the dipole" on Thursday, but that didn't help in the
contest)... I had even installed a K9AY Receiving Loop, which also worked fine
during tests on Friday, but I should have tested it with RF in the air, too. The
preamp is obviously completely overloaded: after each transmit it would need a
minute or so to recover and produce signals. Not very suitable for a contest ;-)
The distance between the Titanex Vertical and the K9AY Loop is ~70 meters - but
the preamp sits in the controller box inside the shack, and the shack is
directly UNDER the Titanex ;-) Any other suggestion, but making the controller
box PTT controlled?

Station 1: Yaesu FT-1000MP + Acom 2000A
Station 2: Yaesu FT-1000MP + Acom 2000A

160: Inverted L on the aluminium rooftop (20m vertical, 18m horizontal)
 80: Inverted L on the aluminium rooftop (20m vertical, 18m horizontal)
 40: 2-ele Quad @ 24m
 20: 3-ele Quad @ 24m + 3-ele Quad @ 18m
 15: 3-ele Quad @ 24m + 3-ele Quad @ 18m
 10: 3-ele Quad @ 24m

Again, I hope it will be "alles gut" in the next contest (IARU HQ)...

73 Ben
DL6FBL
http://www.dl6fbl.de