[3830] WPX CW N8II SOSB20 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N8II@AOL.COM
Subject: [3830] WPX CW N8II SOSB20 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 17:24:32 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: SOSB20 HP
QTH: W8
Operating Time (hrs):

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:  901
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  901  Prefixes = 496  Total Score = 1,030,688

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Soapbox: This one was a bit ugly. Condx on 20 M were better than expected
overall. However, by 2100Z when the "garbage level" Eu were finally good copy,
quite a few of the causual ops were QRT in bed. Condx were good to Eu at
start managing a run of 100 in first hour. By 0245Z things were getting a
bit slow and I was quite tired, so I missed some good hours at Eu sunrise.
Still tired next AM after good night's sleep, I started working a mixture
of surprisingly loud Eu and some JA's. Almost no JA's were calling CQ, and I
wasn't able to run many despite sone good JA signals. All afternoon Saturday
was the pits. My runs kept running dry and it was hard to find fresh meat S&P.
Finally around 2240Z after a long break and walk, I had a decent run for about
1 hour into Eu/some USA. I stopped for the day with about 590 Q's and feared
my goal of 1 MEG was out of reach. Sunday morning was surprisingly good and I
stayed busy running JA's and USA quite a while. The afternoon was again slow,
but a bit better than Saturday at times especially after 20Z. Some of the big
guns like EA8BH, P41P, PT5A, PT0F and D4B were found at last all sending huge
numbers. Surprisingly, I reached my goal of 1 MEG about 2320Z and worked a few
more. It took more effort than expected, this time.