[3830] WPX CW WO1N SO(A)AB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wo1n@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] WPX CW WO1N SO(A)AB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 22:00:17 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: WO1N
Operator(s): WO1N
Station: WO1N

Class: SO(A)AB LP
QTH: Ma
Operating Time (hrs): 10

------------
  160:    0
   80:    5
   40:  105
   20:  172
   15:  113
   10:   27
------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Station: FT1000D, WL10.37B, TA33 at 38', DX-LB @ 45'

 Rainy WX all weekend here in New England allowed time to play radio. This
contest is always good fun as you can work everyone. Did some serious stints and
some casual stints over the course of the weekend. Conditions were mixed, but
tended to get better as the weekend progressed, I even managed to log some
Europe on 10M late Sunday afternoon. Nighttime was better than daylight. I
recall AN1FD being incredibly loud the second night on 80M, but they were the
only DX I could hear/work in the short time I was on 80M.

 The tribander is a little soft, not sure if its water in the coax balun or
what, but that is scheduled to be replaced before the fall (hopefully before
IARU). Also, I believe my radio may be chopping my CW as many many stations had
trouble copying my call. I've been suspecting this for awhile, especially in
full break-in (which I don't run during contests). I think its time to pack up
the monster and send it far away to be checked out (and to fix an AM RX problem
on the main receiver).  If anyone recalls working me I would be interested in
hearing your comments.

 Broke in a new Vibroplex Iambic that I picked up in Dayton. My sending still
stinks, but it sure feels good on the new paddles!

 CU in either FD or IARU (hopefully both),

 Ken
 WO1N