[3830] GLQP KE9R Mobile

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] GLQP KE9R Mobile
From: <fox@obsolete.org>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 11:03:27 -0400 (EDT)
                    Great Lakes QSO Party

Call: KE9R/M
Operator(s): KE9R
Station: KE9R/M

Class: Mobile
QTH: Ottawa County, Mich (GVSU parking lot)
Operating Time (hrs): 1

  160:
   80:
   40:         5
   20:
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
---------------------------------------
Total:         5      0         0  Mults = 3  Total Score = 15

Club:

Comments:

My college apartment is near the border of Kent/Ottawa in Michigan.
All I have up here is a FT-100D/ATAS-100. My perferred place of
operation is the GVSU parking lot in Ottawa County, so drove out
there thinking I'd operate some and try to hand out mobile points.

I tried 20SSB. Called, called, called. Nothing. N2CU was loud on
40SSB, I was excited. A hour later, afer much shouting into the
hand mike I had 5 Q's for 3 mults. Broadcast started smashing in
on 40 and I knew I was done. Perhaps CW would have went better but
I have no way to operate CW in the mobile right now.

Contesting mobile is surely a humbling experience. I appreciate
those 5 who pulled me out! Heres to hoping I'm louder soon.