[3830] ARRL June VHF KI5DR/R Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ki5dr@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF KI5DR/R Rover LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 22:37:46 -0700

  5.7:
  10G:    1     1
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  206    94  Total Score = 23,896

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Activated 9 grids:
DL98, DL99, DM90, EM00, EL09, EM10, EL19, EL29, EM20, covered over 1,000 miles.
Made my first 10Ghz contact courtesy of a loaned "White Box" and 2' dish from
K5VH - Thanks Tom! This made me ABCDJ (?).

6m Sat night was Cool. Sure wish Sunday would have done that. First time rover
stayed together!  No fuel pump or Transmission problems, and the rack stayed on.
Everything played well together except 4el 2m yagi caused feedback when running
amplifier.  7el 2m yagi did not.  This is perplexing.  Also first time I
activated 222Mhz for the contest, courtesy of a new 222 rig from Dayton.

WA5VJB yagis worked great! 2el X-beam played well too. pictures posted soon on
http://www.ki5dr.com - 73!