[3830] ANARTS VE7ASK SOST LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ANARTS VE7ASK SOST LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 19:15:03 -0700
                    ANARTS WW RTTY Contest

Call: VE7ASK
Operator(s): VE7ASK
Station: VE7ASK

Class: SOST LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 16

   80:    1     2     1
   40:   21   227    12
   20:   85  1259    34
   15:   13   204     9
   10:    0     0     0
-------------------------
Total:  120  1692    56  Continents = 5  Total Score = 474,460

Club:

Comments:

My second attempt at ANARTS and enjoyed it immensely. This marked my first full
year playing in RTTY contests.

Participation seemed even better than last year, and conditions were interesting
if not great. 20M open to Europe late into Saturday night, and even a sudden
very brief 15M opening to RK9-land at midnight local (0700Z).

Beat last year's score by 248,000 points and more than doubled the QSO count.
Missed Africa for the sixth continent. Heard far fewer VK stations this year,
but was called by VK4SG on 40M -- a great surprise and the extra 400 bonus
points helped make up for the Aussie shortage, hi.

Ran my new homebrew DF4SA Spider Beam on a steel pole (didn't help having four
elements for a stone-dead 10M band, though), and a G5RV as usual for low bands.
Haven't seen the A-index up over 40 in a long time. It put this northern QTH in
a bit of a soft spot for propagation, although I thought conditions were
generally better than expected. No complaints from me this time.

        Countries   QSOs  Mults   VKs   Points  Operating time
2002:          16     60     26     8  226,340          19 hrs
2003:          21    120     56     4  474,460          16 hrs

Many thanks to Colin (VK2CTD) and the ANARTS organizing group for the contest.

73 and see you in the next running of this one!

-- Bud, VE7ASK