[3830] All Asia CW VA7ST SOSB/20 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] All Asia CW VA7ST SOSB/20 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 18:29:09 -0700
                    All Asian DX Contest, CW

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: SOSB/20 LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 11

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:  49     36
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  49     36  Total Score = 1,764

Club:

Comments:

Received updated license with a new VA7ST callsign five minutes before the start
of the contest. Wish conditions had been better to break it in. Will take a
while to get used to it for CW contests.

Worked only 83 QSOs total in this one, as I was on and off with kids' activities
all weekend. Planned only the SO20 entry, knowing 15 would be iffy, and 10 was
out of the question. Still, I worked a handful of stations on 15 and 1 on 40M.

20M was OK on Friday night, but seemed quite weak to Asia through the rest of
the weekend (heard a couple of good EU openings on Saturday though).

Thank goodness for the online "elogmaker" page for preparing the entry. Those
XML tags were a hassle last year, building them by hand.

http://www.jarl.or.jp/English/4_Library/A-4-3_Contests/elogmakeraa.htm

Thanks to all the ops for the QSOs and to JARL for the fun contest!

73,

Bud
VA7ST (VE7ASK)