[3830] ARRL FD W8CAR 1E LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL FD W8CAR 1E LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 11:29:53 -0700

  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

This event is the sole proof that I need a generator-hence the 1E. Other than
condx being fairly punk at the beginning of the test and having to gas the genny
every 2 hours (gotta work on that) it was fun. I felt that the first few hours
were tough but then condx perked up a bit. I REALLY tried to make one Q on 10
but nunthin but QRn there. 15 was open to some areas where there was no activity
(kinda like 6 meters) so everyone was stuffed on 40 and 20 but a really good mix
was had there. 80 quieted down after midnight and I had some good rate there
(although I did use my listening antennas). 160 was a waste as usual. Tried to
hit 6 and 2 but never heard much activity.Lots of good ops and MANY new (it
appears) CW ops who dared to come back to my CQs at 28 WPM and I always cranked
it down to work them and tried to send GL and 73 to them. That is one of the fun
aspects of FD. Thanks to all who worked me and to Dink for adding the summary to
3830. Dan W8CAR