[3830] RAC Day VA7ST SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RAC Day VA7ST SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 20:08:47 -0700
                    RAC Canada Day Contest

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: SOAB LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 16

  160:    4     0        2         0
   80:   22     0        4         0
   40:   52     0       10         0
   20:   47     0        7         0
   15:    1     0        0         0
   10:    0     0        0         0
    6:    0     0        0         0
    2:    0     0        0         0
Total:  126     0       23         0  Total Score = 19,642

Club:

Comments:

Had a great time playing in this one -- last year managed only 3900 points on 57
QSOs, a but a little more patience made a difference this time.

Didn't hear a peep on 10M, and just 1 on 15M (N6RO for the fifth band). 80M had
more activity than I usually hear, and 40M was good through to early morning
hours in B.C.

Missed Nunavut for all provinces and territories. Only worked one RAC station --
VE4RAC; couldn't get the attention of VE7RAC on Saturday night when they were
S&Ping.

Ran the root beer garden for local tots at the Canada Day festivities on Sunday
morning, and when I got home all bands were flat dead till early afternoon --
providing just 20 QSOs in the final few hours (OK, I did have a 1.5-hour snooze
in there. Should've seen the all kids lined up for their free root beer floats!
Wish a 100W CQ had that kind of drawing power.)

Thanks to all who jumped in -- looked like lots of folks joined the RAC for a
few hours when they could, and it was great to see.

See everyone on Canada Day 2004!

73,

Bud, VA7ST (VE7ASK)