[3830] ARRL FD N8IA 1B LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dave@n8ia.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL FD N8IA 1B LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2003 10:42:51 -0700

  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:  513     83      0  Total Score = 2,318

Club:

Comments:

Operating portable from Howell, MI
Icom IC-735
Yaesu FT-100
G5RV at 35 feet
Full sized 40M vertical with 8 radials
Gateway laptop with CT

Very windy day on Saturday afternoon, had to keep hammering down the tent
stakes, and my 40M vertical, built on a 33 foot collapsable fiberglass pole,
looked like I was trying to land a shark. T-storms rolled in about 6pm EDT, so
had to QRT for a while. Finally got going late Saturday evening, it turned into
a beautiful clear night. Having both the G5RV and the vertical antenn paid off
on 40. I could use the G5RV for closer in QSOs and the vertical worked well out
to the west, including KH6. I had my best run the last 3 hours of FD on 40 cw,
the rate meter was peaking at 80+.

BTW never heard a peep on 10, and too few to bother with 15. 40 was the money
band with about 70% of my QSOs. One highlight was working my friend Bob K8IA/7
in AZ.

73
Dave - N8IA