[3830] IARU OH2BH(OH2UA) SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, oh2ua@sral.fi
Subject: [3830] IARU OH2BH(OH2UA) SO CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 00:14:18 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: OH2BH
Operator(s): OH2UA
Station: OH2BH

Class: SO CW HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

  160:    79           28
   80:   230           40
   40:   302           54
   20:   840           71
   15:   567           52
   10:   244           28
---------------------------
Total:  2262    0     273  Total Score = 2,113,020

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

As some of you might heard, propagation was not as good as it could have been
;)
That forced me to run run run on 20 mtrs on Saturday. I tried to get run going
on 15 and 10 also, but rate dropped down and all I could do, was get back to 20
again. I felt a bit uncomfortable having only about 100 Q´s on 15 mtrs and less
than 10 Q´s on 10 mtrs when it was time to hit the low bands. But that was all I
could do on 15 & 10. Leaving 15 & 10 was a risk, but I was counting on Sunday.

Low bands were quite OK, eventhougt somehow I managed to miss some easy
multipliers from Asia on 40 & 80 mtrs. I spent all night jumping around 80-40-20
mtrs trying to keep my rate up. At this point doing SO2R really helped and even
at night rate actually didn´t droup under 60 Q/h. Activity especially from North
America wasn´t too good. Big guns were booming in all night long on 20, but all
of those who were on the air, were worked allready.

Luckily Sunday was much more productive on 15 & 10 mtrs and I managed to avoid

a disaster. Finally I worked more than 300 JA´s on 15 mtrs and even at last 7
hours of contest I had rate over 100 Q´s/h.

The station was ready for the contest one week before. But on friday evening
when I tested everything, 2nd amplifier had some problems and I couldn´t get any
power out of it. On Saturday morning Jaakko, OH1MA, drove about 200 km to fix
the amp before contest began. Huge tnx to You Jaakko! After having both lines in
the action, I made 250 2nd radio Q´s and 486 band changes (including TRLog). I
just love this SO2R thing !

Tnx to all of you for Q´s and QSY´s! And tnx to Martti, OH2BH, and Leena, OH2BE,
for hoasting and keeping me alive in boiling hamshack ;)

73 de Toni, OH2UA (ex. OH2JTE)