[3830] IOTA N1DX Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bfrahm@colby.ixks.com
Subject: [3830] IOTA N1DX Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 17:00:52 -0700
                    IOTA Contest

Call: N1DX
Operator(s): W0NO K0BJ K1TWF
Station: N1DX

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: NA 031  Block Is
Operating Time (hrs): 24

   80:   21       13      11      10
   40:  232       41       0       0
   20:  283       40     524      51
   15:  146       27      70      30
   10:    0        0       0       0
Total:  682      121     605      91  Total Score = 1,645,332

Club: Texas DX Society

Comments:

OK, it was bad propagation, but it still was an eye-opener for 2 Kansansxxxx er,
denizens of the Black Hole to op. from the eastern seaboard.  You shoulda seem
W0NO's van with 4 sticks of 25G, hbw gin pole/derrick and big pvc pipe with C3,
40 M 4 square spreaders, etc on top, and all the stuff inside......  756 PRO,
ACOM amp, WX0B six pak, 80 M delta loop, tower gamma match, 2 computers/network
etc etc. What a cross-country load. K0BJ contributed FT-847 P.S. and Bencher.
K1TWF contributed SB-1000, keyer, keying interfaces.

We fought networking issues right up to 1 minute past contest time, then never
had another hint of a problem. Antennas went up over the course of 3 pretty long
days. Just like FD, they came down fast -- contest over at 8AM, the rental house
was cleared by 10AM contract time, and caught the 1:30PM ferry (barely).

Thanks to our XYLs and to K1TWF who celebrated his birthday by helping 2
flatlanders load up gear, went an hour out of his way to play taxi driver, and
had coached us in how to point the ants at Europe hours on end. Tnx to N1DX for
use of his callsign and QSL duties.