[3830] NAQP CW N6WG Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n6wg@earthlink.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW N6WG Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 09:10:24 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: N6WG
Operator(s): N6WG
Station: N6WG

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 8

  160:    0     0
   80:   21     4
   40:   94    30
   20:  104    38
   15:   19     8
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  238    80  Total Score = 19,040

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC #4

Comments:

This was my first outing with computer logging, and I had a ball with it.
 My son gave me an ancient 33 MHz 486 COMPAQ Contura laptop that has a small
 fooprint on my desk, and works great for this purpose with TR Log in DOS.
 I feel that I made at least 50% more QSOs than I would have with my old
 paper logging method, mostly due to the increased time available for S&P
 operating.  I think I made all of 12 QSOs by CQing :-)
 Setup was K2 at 5w and a 55 ft dipole.  The K2 matched it well on 80 through
 15 meters, so bandchanging was quick and painless.
 I'm really delighted with a 19K score, as it is much more than I expect.
 Now I'm raring to go for the next contest.
 73, Bob N6WG