[3830] WAE CW ON5ZO Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, franki@on5zo.be
Subject: [3830] WAE CW ON5ZO Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 04:04:16 -0700
                    WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: ON5ZO
Operator(s): ON5ZO
Station: ON5ZO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: JO20ar
Operating Time (hrs): 28

   80:   29    10    42
   40:   95   142    93
   20:  162   257    70
   15:   67    80    52
   10:    2     0     4
-------------------------
Total:  355   489   261  Total Score = 220,284

Club:

Comments:

SETUP:
TS-850 @ 100W
10+15+20m   triband trapped dipole at approx. 9m
40m         shorty vertical dipole with capacity spokes
80m         T-loaded vertical, 4 long radials, 20 shorter
software:   N1MMLogger, QTC RX interface is the best around, give it a try

THOUGHTS:
* WAE CW is my favourite contest, this is once again a proven fact
* 10m was dead in this QTH with this 'antenna' (ahum!), don't even know how I
managed to work 2 stations there...
* working USA on 80m and having a small modest run there is totally new
(woohoo!) to me but it was only possible the first night, second night I had S7
noise on 80m and signals were down several S-points
* Why are so many stations reluctant to give QTCs? It boosts your score, and on
the WAE side, it adds to the fun! I had to beg and beg and got numerous NILs,
QRUs, SRIs or LATERs
* I thought there was less activity than last year?

Still a lot of fun, TNX fr all QSOs es QTCs.
73 de Franki ON5ZO