[3830] WAE CW DJ2QV(@DF0RI) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dj2qv@qsl.net
Subject: [3830] WAE CW DJ2QV(@DF0RI) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 00:42:50 -0700
                    WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: DJ2QV
Operator(s): DJ2QV
Station: DF0RI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Warstein
Operating Time (hrs): 36
Radios: SO2R

   80:   23    10    64
   40:   96   122    90
   20:  207   370   120
   15:  210   531   128
   10:   31    15    42
-------------------------
Total:  567  1048   444  Total Score = 717,060

Club: RRDXA

Comments:

Hi!
This was a really "hot" contest ! With temperatures reaching 38°C I was quite
happy to have NO amplifier running in the small shack... temperature would have
been unbearable...

Well, condx were quite ok, I mean I expected worse conditions after I was hit by
Aurora twice when operating from Finland and Aland Islands during July.
Even got 3 U.S. on 10m with antenna beaming to South America.
Activity outside Europe was again rather poor. Where are the VKs ?
I think I spent too much time chasing multipliers and got too less QTCs...
Anyway people were not really "generous" with QTCs this time...

The behaviour of some Europeans in the pile-ups for the MULTS gets worse every
year - especially on 40 and 80m...

Equipment: Ft1000MP, TS850S
Antennas:  10m 5 over 5, 15m 5el@22m, 20m 4el@21m, Tribander@10m, 40/80
Dipoles@17m , Titanex V80E
No freezer - drinks taken at "room" temperature (38°C)

Many thanks to DL8OBQ and DK3DM for the chance to use their antennas.

73
Maik DJ2QV