[3830] OhQP VE7FO M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jimsmith@shaw.ca
Subject: [3830] OhQP VE7FO M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 14:28:18 -0700
                    Ohio QSO Party

Call: VE7FO
Operator(s): VA7CCF VE7FO
Station: VE7FO

Class: M/M HP
QTH: BC
Operating Time (hrs): 8

   80:
   40:   21      1
   20:   36     29
   15:
   10:
--------------------
Total:   57     30  CW Mults = 42  Ph Mults = 23  Total Score = 9,360

Club: British Columbia DX Club

Comments:

Well, the giant VE7 Multi-Multi station bombasts the airwaves again with one MkV
running full out at 200W.  If you read my recent NAQP SSB story you will recall
the hilarity caused by VA7CCF, Brenda, using Jim for the name part of the
exchange.  I guess she enjoyed herself because she was back again.

Conditions to W8 were better than I expected so it never got really boring.
Brenda would work 20 phone dry, I would do the same for cw and then it was her
turn again.  This time she worked on tuning stations in quickly.  She left
around 1900Z and I put a little more time in with a couple of breaks.  I moved
to 40 cw around 0010 and, while there were plenty of signals, no one could hear
me.  Once I switched from the 80 dipole to the 40 things got better.  Heard some
signals on 80 but they couldn't hear me.

It was fun.  Guess I'll put OQP on my list of suitable contests for newbie
training.

73 de Jim Smith  VE7FO