[3830] NA Sprint CW W5KFT(K5PI) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, rbrandon@austin.ibm.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW W5KFT(K5PI) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2003 06:16:20 -0700
                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: W5KFT
Operator(s): K5PI
Station: W5KFT

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 4
Radios: SO2R

   80:   69       1
   40:  116     1.5
   20:  128     1.5
---------------------

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Team: Austin Powers

Comments:

The Sprint is always a wild ride, and this time was no exception.  This was my
ninth time to participate.

Two radios is always a little crazy, but in the Sprint it's just plain nuts.
I've been using two radios for three years now, but this was only my second time
to try it in the Sprint.  Because the Sprint rules require you to QSY after
every other QSO, the technique for using two radios is completely different.
The first time I tried to use two radios in the Sprint was two years ago.  I'd
been breaking 300 QSOs consistently, but that time my total dropped to 244.  I
decided to rack up a little more "traditional" SO2R experience before trying it
again.  This time, I decided to give it another try.

The good news is that I didn't have a nervous break down, made about the same
number of QSOs that I usually make with one radio, and worked in two or three
dozen second radio Qs.  I'll take that as signifcant progress on the SO2R Sprint
learning curve.  I had a half dozen lid moments -- apologies for calling a few
dupes and being AWOL a few times after 2R CQs.  I had a great half hour or so
near the end where I started to feel a bit like I was getting the hang of it.
That was cool.  See you in the next one!