[3830] NA Sprint CW K7SV LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k7sv@adelphia.net
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW K7SV LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2003 07:45:38 -0700
                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: K7SV
Operator(s): K7SV
Station: K7SV

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: va
Operating Time (hrs): 4
Radios: SO2R

   80:   62
   40:  138
   20:  101
---------------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team: SCCC #1

Comments:

Well, managed to "get in the groove" and remain there for most of the sprint.
Still find small distractions effecting concentraction, but I seem to be getting
better at maintaining focus. My apologies to AH6A who tried valiantly to get the
exchange to me on 40. Looking at it as a business decision, I finally decided I
was losing too much time to continue trying. If it were a mult, the story
changes a bit! Only mult I heard but didn't work was IA. Great to hear VY1JA and
KL7WV in there again as well as VE9DX, VO1AU, K7BG and KO7X. Bill's (WB0O) story
about his MB trip was interesting. Having spent five years or so contesting in
ND, I can really appreciate what he's up against. The black hole comes in
degrees. When the chips were down the benefit of being in Minneapolis as opposed
to Fargo was amazing and Bill is much further north and west than Fargo. Someone
mentioned problems with logging J with Writelog. It's looking for NW. Same with
the VE9 and VO1 which are wrapped together as part of Maritime. A blast as
always. With some luck we'll have sufficient aluminum in the air at the NR4M
site to operate from there next Sept. Thanks to Tree for sponsoring!