[3830] NA Sprint CW W7UQ(KL9A) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW W7UQ(KL9A) LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2003 18:13:37 -0700
                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: W7UQ
Operator(s): KL9A
Station: W7UQ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Podunk, ID
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:   20     :20
   40:   94    1:55
   20:  135    1:45
---------------------

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Team: Corner Pocket Contesters

Comments:

Had SO2R setup and ready to rock before the contest.  First hour was amazing on
20m (although SO1R) and hit the 2nd hour ready to try this 2 radio thing.  Too
much RF (but it was working great before the contest!!!) and the computer kept
crashing... and crashing...

Even after I stopped trying the 2nd rig on 40m it kept dying.  Then when I
swapped to 40m, it was a constant battle.  5 toroids helped a little, but still
every 10-15 mins... BEEEEEEEEP. Reboot.  Stupid RF.

There was some absolutely horrendous atmospheric noise on the low bands, cranked
the needle up to s9+20 on 80m.  40 was noisy at first then died down (and
everyone was super loud).  Noise dropped on 80m at 0350z and it was red hot.  15
of my 80m q's were in the last 9 minutes.  By then I had fallen behind too far
the other LP dudez to catch up.  Sorry to the W7 guys I worked at first that I
had to ask for many repeats.  You guys were loud, honest!

Still fun, and my first hour was promising.

Only a couple people who should know better were sending the exchange wrong.
Frustrating, but better than past sprints. :)

-Chris KL9A