[3830] NA Sprint CW K1KI HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, frenaye@pcnet.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW K1KI HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2003 18:54:31 -0700
                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: K1KI
Operator(s): K1KI
Station: K1KI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CT
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:   84    0:52
   40:  136    1:23
   20:  156    1:45
---------------------

Club:

Team: YCCC #1

Comments:

Logged by hand again.  Waiting for CT to support the Sprint...

One radio.  Two band changes. 0145z from 20 to 40, then 0308z from 40 to 80.

Logging by hand means duping in my head.  Duping in my head requires a minimum
of band changes so I can mostly keep track of who I work.  I usually have a dupe
or two that will show up when I make it an electronic log.

Biggest problem is reading my handwriting and then avoiding typos when I convert
it to a Cabrillo file...

Had a rough start, not used to being so far behind the leaders so early.
Managed to fight back into the hunt and had four very good hours - 95/90/96/95.

Stayed on 20m as long as I could stand it.  Reward was a better mult total than
in the last two CW Sprints.   Only missed one mult I heard - VE1RGB and VE9DX.
Missed ME AR ND NE.

Bands were nice and quiet here.  Lots of fun with so many great operators!

                -- Tom