[3830] NA Sprint SSB K4XS HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint SSB K4XS HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2003 09:40:54 -0700
                    NA Sprint SSB Contest

Call: K4XS
Operator(s): K4XS
Station: K4XS

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FL
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:   51
   40:   85
   20:  161
---------------------

Club: Florida Contest Group

Team:

Comments:

Ughh!  This one was work, work, work!

I never really got into a good rhythm.  The top 40 Yagi crapped out and I had
feedback problems on 20.  Participation seemed low and lots of QRM from the WAE
contest...especially on 40.  It was rather depressing to call CQ on 40 and have
three or four guys give their call, only to find they were calling some European
down below 7100 who was operating split.

I don't know for sure, but I think this is the first SSB Sprint that I wound up
with less than 300 QSOs in probably 15 years.  Having a large mult total is the
only thing that saved my butt!

I spent a lot of time on 20 late into the contest trying to find fresh meat.