[3830] WAE SSB N9RV Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, pmbarkey@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] WAE SSB N9RV Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2003 19:16:13 -0700
                    WAE DX Contest, SSB

Call: N9RV
Operator(s): N9RV
Station: N9RV

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: IN
Operating Time (hrs): 20
Radios: SO2R

   80:   52          23
   40:   88          29
   20:  411          41
   15:  621          45
   10:
-------------------------
Total: 1172  1134   138  Total Score = 809,406

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Had a great time with "good" conditions.  Good for low sunspot
numbers, that is.  Band was hiss at night and slow to open in the
morning.  Only a handful of northern and eastern EU.  But fantastic
activity from Germany and western EU.

Worked a lot of G1-G8, M1, 2E, PE, DH and DC stations.  These
are new license classes?  There sure were a lot of them, mostly
giving out low numbers.

Crushing loud signals on 40, but not much to work there beyond
the first layer or two of signals.

I had many conflicts this weekend so was not able to put in full
time.  I will reconsider this next year, this is too good of a
contest to miss again.

Was working the NA Sprint with my dipole on Saturday on 40, and forgot
to switch back to the Yagi.  I didn't even notice!  Got about 10 answers
to CQ's with the dipole at 50 feet.  Finally switched back to the yagi
and signals went up about 20 dB, but got fewer answers!

Again, congratulations to the Germans for fantastic activity.
This was a fun contest.

  - Pat
    N9RV