[3830] Salmon Run W6RCL SOMixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w6rcl@amsat.org
Subject: [3830] Salmon Run W6RCL SOMixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 22:28:39 -0700
                    Washington State Salmon Run

Call: W6RCL
Operator(s): W6RCL
Station: W6RCL

Class: SOMixed LP
QTH: LaCanada, CA
Operating Time (hrs): <5

  160:
   80:    8     14
   40:    7      7
   20:   12     21
   15:
   10:
    6:
--------------------
Total:   27     42  Mults = 28  Total Score = 6,376

Club: Hollywood Hills QRP Contest Club

Comments:

Happily, I found W7DX on both SSB and CW and got the 1k bonus.

Too bad 10 was dead and 15 wasn't much better (at least at my QTH).  There were
11 counties I didn't work (I heard two of the 11, but both stations were
operating S and P  and apparently QSY-ed away again very quickly)!

I almost missed Spokane and never even heard Thurston (two of the more populous
counties).

The Salmon Run is not only a fun contest, but one with cordial operating hours
-- start at 9 and be off at midnight the first day, restart at 9 the next
morning and be finished in the late afternoon!  Thank you Western Washington DX
Club, and thanks Washington hams for the Q's.

On to TEXAS next week -- and don't forget CALIFORNIA in October!

de w6rcl