[3830] TxQP W5LL/M SO Mobile LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, mattpatt@1starnet.com
Subject: [3830] TxQP W5LL/M SO Mobile LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 17:08:50 -0700
                    Texas QSO Party

Call: W5LL/M
Operator(s): W5LL
Station: W5LL/M

Class: SO Mobile LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:
   40:         298
   20:           4
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
  UHF:
----------------------------
Total:   0     302      0  Mults = 104  Total Score = 75,316

Club:

Comments:

Decided early on to just stay on 40m and work the mults and pickup new counties.
 Tried 20m but nothing much happened.  There was lots of activity this year and
this was my first try at mobile operations for a contest.  I did it by myself
keeping the log on a laptop PC running off of a AC converter so the battery
wouldn't run down.  Used a ICOM 706MKIIG and hamstick antennas as my mobile
station this year.  The hamsticks did alot better than what I had anticipated.
I would pull over to the side of the road to make contacts in each county.  I
met alot of great people and many of them followed me from county to county
working me in every county I stopped in.  I had alot of fun and I'll be back for
next year with bigger and better plans.  I covered Denton, Wise, Cooke, Clay,
Archer, Wichita, Wilbarger, Baylor, Young and Jack counties.  Home is near
Paris, Texas and I plan on go East next year covering the much needed and very
illusive Red River county.  73 -- Matt