[3830] CaQP N6NT Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N6NT@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CaQP N6NT Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 08:07:44 -0700
                    California QSO Party

Call: N6NT
Operator(s): N6NT
Station: N6NT

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: SCLA
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:    10    0
   80:   169    0
   40:   267    0
   20:   372    0
   15:   422    0
   10:   171    0
    6:     0    0
    2:     0    0
--------------------

Club:

Comments:

Yech...S7-S8 power line noise on 10-20 both days, all day.  The noise blanker
took some of it out, but that meant I could copy every other strong signal in
the valley no matter where I tuned.  I was trying to compete with N6TV for most
CW QSOs, but Bob says he now has his own power line noise problems fixed.  In
other words, he stomped me!

Missed only HI for a sweep.  The bummer was that I heard some HI station giving
N6O a sequence number of 12 on 40CW, but was never able to snag him afterwards.
Even worse was that the op at N6O was struggling to pull out the exchange,
whereas I could copy him clearly.  At least I do know that there was HI to be
had on CW, though not very easily.