[3830] CaQP W6ML Cnty Exped HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w6kc@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CaQP W6ML Cnty Exped HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 21:33:41 -0700
                    California QSO Party

Call: W6ML
Operator(s): W6KC, W6JTB, WQ6X
Station: W6ML

Class: Cnty Exped HP
QTH: Mono
Operating Time (hrs): 25.5

  160:
   80:    96    228
   40:   284    188
   20:   278    390
   15:   344    460
   10:   136    342
    6:
    2:
--------------------
Total:  1138   1608  Mults = 58  Total Score = 384,540

Club:

Comments:

This was our 12th year operating a county expedition from Mammoth Lakes in Mono
County.  This year we had 3 operators, setup 3 stations and put up 7 antennas.
Our antenna farm in the pine trees included 3 element wire beams for 15M and 20M
plus 4 dipoles.  We also had 3 element 10M yagi on a 30ft push-up mast.  All of
our sling shot launched guy lines into the 10 pine trees holding the wire
antennas were amazingly high in the trees.  The antennas were all in the 60 ft
range in there tree top locations.  We even added a 40M and a 10M dipole on
Saturday afternoon during the contest, so we could better operate cw/ssb
simultaneously on those bands.

Mainly due to declining band conditions on 10 Meters, we made about 300 less
total QSOs versus last year.  However, our total CW QSOs of 1,138 was our most
to date.  Band conditions on 15 meters into Europe were amazing on Sunday with
European stations often much stronger than the stateside signals.  We had over
200 QSOs with Europe versus just a handful last year.

The weather in the Eastern Sierra was fantastic.  It helped make launching and
taking down our antennas almost as enjoyable as the contest.  CQP in the Sierra
continues to be my favorite times of the year.  Thanks to all!

73,

Jim, W6KC @ W6ML - CQP in Mammoth Lakes, Mono County
http://www.vistasierra.com/w6ml