[3830] PaQP W8MJ Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w8mj@peoplepc.com
Subject: [3830] PaQP W8MJ Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 17:26:42 -0700
                    Pennsylvania QSO Party

Call: W8MJ
Operator(s): W8MJ
Station: W8MJ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MI
Operating Time (hrs): 14.5
Radios: SO2R

  160:   19     31
   80:   59     74
   40:  119    295
   20:   17      0
   15:    0      0
   10:    0      0
    6:
    2:
--------------------
Total:  216    400  Mults = 67  Total Score = 51,121.0

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

I was not able to do a serious effort on this one. Had to repair the 40 meter
beam, and with the weather being good for this weekend I had to get at it. A big
thanks to K8CC for coming over and helping me to finally get the telerex 40
meter 2 element beam repaired. Trying to repair a 2 element beam at 80 feet with
a 64' element spread is not easy.  It took us a considerable amount of time to
repair the broken element on this beam.  However, after a major effort  we were
able to make the needed repair for this upcoming contest season.  Many thanks
Dave for all your help.  I am sure this is one story that will come up around
fire side chats in years to come.

Got started late as a result of the antenna repair, seven and a 1/2 hours late.
Did not really expect to do a lot in this one given the late start, but was
pleased with the outcome.

Many thanks to K8MR/3 which gave me a sweep with Bedford County late into the
contest.  Thanks Jim for being there.  I was almost ready to shut down when I
found you on 40 CW Cqing with BED.  I really didn't think that I was going to
get the sweep.  It pays to keep S&P ing and Cqing.  Another great year for PQP,
sounds like the bands were pretty good.

I'll be back for the full time effort next year.  Looking to see everyone in CQ
SSB.

73's Ken W8MJ