[3830] NA Sprint RTTY 7S3A(SM3CER) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, sm3cer@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint RTTY 7S3A(SM3CER) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 19:15:12 -0700
                    NA Sprint RTTY Contest

Call: 7S3A
Operator(s): SM3CER
Station: SM3CER

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Sundsbruk
Operating Time (hrs): 2:30

   80:   0        0
   40:  20     0:56
   20:  27     1:34
---------------------
Total:  47     Mults = 15  Total Score = 705

Club: Top of Europe Contesters

Team:

Comments:

This was the first RTTY Sprint for me and it was really fun! I started with 100
W, but since nobody could read my signals, I had to turn on the PA and run 500
W. I copied at least 15 other calls on 20 m and also 5-10 stations on 40 m, who
couldn't read me. I remember copying the following stations: AA5AU, AC6JT, AE5P,
KK5OQ, N6EE, VA3PC, W3WKR, W6YX, W7GTO and WK6I. I called them several times
with no luck.

The rules says that I should use my location (state, province or country) as one
of the parts in the exchange. So what should I use; SWEDEN or SM? Since Writelog
didn't allow for more than 4 letters in the QTH field and then the Cabrillo log
don't allow more than 3, it was an easy choice - I used SM. Anyway, the rules
should be more precise what to use for stations outside USA/Canada, I think. But
- since there are no DX multipliers, maybe that part isn't too important.

I also logged PJ2EL by mistake, but Writelog gave 1 point for that QSO anyway.
It should have been 0 points, as we both are outside NA. He sent PJ2 and the
name of the country as a part of his exchange. (I think he sent "PJ2 Netherlands
Antilles", but it could have been something else. I didn't write it down. Anyway
- it was long...). Writelog didn't like the figure 2 in the QTH field so had to
write only PJ. No way I could type exactly what he sent into the log. I added
the figure 2 to the PJ in my Cabrillo log, even if I shouldn't have worked him
in the first place. I wonder what all the NA ops have as his QTH?

I also heard several stations trying to get a name and a serial number from
D44AC, but he refused... I just had to switch call to SM3CER in the middle of
the Sprint to get him in my RTTY log, and I got him after a few calls.

I think it's a fun part of this contest to be able to work the stations again,
if there are three other QSO:s in between. Without that rule I should have lost
16 QSO:s and maybe I have pulled the big switch earlier. Now I kept going all
the 4 hours with some breaks, although local time was 02 - 06 AM, and I really
should have been in bed... :-)

Can't wait for the next one...
73 de Jan, 7S3A (SM3CER)