[3830] CQWW SSB KE9R SOSB/15 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ke9r@ke9r.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB KE9R SOSB/15 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 09:10:15 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: KE9R
Operator(s): KE9R
Station: KE9R

Class: SOSB/15 LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 7

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:   53    13       29
   15:  230    21       73
   10:   33    11       18
------------------------------

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Comments:

Started the contest with four beers which made me tired. Decided I was going to
do a single bad 15m entry so I found an excuse to go to bed. Set the cell phone
to alarm early, heard it, snoozed it until 9am. Woke up, EU all over the bands,
wasn't motivated, so pecked around for a bit, then decided to finally move the
short boom tribander from 20' to 90'.

Rest of the day looked like this:
http://public.fotki.com/crvsnc/radio/tribander_tram_on/

Found it worked after I hooked it up, then realized it was three S units louder
then the longer boom tribander. Pulled the long boom out of the switch and the
PL259 fell off, no soder at all. Puzzled, I looked at it, got the tools out,
found it had a complete short across the feed line. Hmmmmmmmmm. It's probably
all my fault for not locking the shack up. Theres these trolls that come out of
the woods at night, sodering irons in hand, head lamps on. They work craftly,
putting things back exactly as they found them.

Going back to W9 next weekend to install secret SS antennas.

And Lastly,