[3830] CQWW SSB I7/9A3A SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, 9a3a@libero.it
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB I7/9A3A SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 10:44:37 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: I7/9A3A
Operator(s): 9A3A
Station: I7/9A3A

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Brindisi, Italy
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    0     0        0
   80:   36     7       26
   40:   59    12       40
   20:   97    13       48
   15:  131    13       46
   10:  157    19       66
------------------------------

Club: Croatian Contest Club

Comments:

When Marios, 5B4WN/C4W called on Friday evening to tell me that he was ready for
the CQWW, I went to bed thinking of excitement that I'll miss this year. My last
operation from Cyprus before moving to Italy was CQWW Phone 2002 and I did not
have a chance to setup my station in Italy yet. On Saturday morning, while most
of you were busy with pile ups, I took out of the container an FT990 and HF6VX
vertical and in the afternoon got on the air for the first time from Italy. In
approximately 14 hours I nearly reached my goal working 98 DXCC countries. If we
did not have guests on Sunday afternoon, I'm sure I'd have passed 100 mark with
ease. Setting my 100 countries goal, I've actually enjoyed operating in a "small
gun" scenario (100 w and multiband vertical) as if I was competing for the top
spot! Thanks for reminding me Marios and CU next month during the CW weekend.

Ivo I7/9A3A
ex 5B4ADA/C4A