[3830] CQWW SSB OX3UB SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ox3ub@qsl.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB OX3UB SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 18:06:18 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: OX3UB
Operator(s): OX3UB
Station: OX3UB

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Christian IV Island
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    2     1        1
   80:    4     2        2
   40:    4     2        2
   20:  324    12       57
   15:  334    16       59
   10:   54     8       13
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

Station Description:  Yaesu FT847 with computer voice machine

Antenna(s): FD-4 multiband dipol
Operators: OX3UB
QTH: Christian IV Island (60.03.22,1N/43.09.55,5W) see
http://www.qsl.net/ox3ub
Remarks (Biggest thrill in Contest, funniest story, comments, etc.):
Sitting at the end of the world in no-mandsland on the south-tip of Greenland.
Not able to work any one, and at the same time I could hear EU and US working
itch other with big big big signals 9+++ ;-(.
The antenna are not build for 15m (returnloss 6dB), nevertheless I worked the
greatest number of QSOs on 15m.
Goodthing: Have the change to sleep while propagation was down. During sunstorm
! I was located under the AU.
Hard to be a wanted Island and Zone with LP.