[3830] SS CW W4PA(@K4JNY) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w4pa@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW W4PA(@K4JNY) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2003 11:45:57 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: W4PA
Operator(s): W4PA
Station: K4JNY

Class: Single Op HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 14
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

When it rains...it freakin' pours.  I should have known when I got down to
K4JNY's without my headphones that I was going to be in for a long weekend.
RF in the shack causing fun problems, brand new 40 meter beam killing the second
radio Beverages and wiping out 80 meters on the TX antennas, no stubs or
bandpass filters in line for interference suppression, Beverage preamp
overloading on both radios, computer bugs with logging software right at the
start, a couple of computer re-boots during the night, no sleep, one radio
dropping rig control from the computer on and off for no apparent reason, 15
meter and 80 meter antennas intermittently refusing to connect to the radios via
the SixPak box (recently rebuilt after lightning got into it), taking all of my
offtime when I really didn't want it to try and troubleshoot all this!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

The "problem", of course, is that Jeff and I spent a whole lot of time putting
this stuff all together this year but really hadn't much troubleshooting time
prior to this weekend, except for Jeff being on briefly for WW SSB last weekend.
 I suppose after 4 years of contesting up there I should consider myself lucky
that this is the first time anything like this had occured there - and it's just
because we needed some time that we didn't have prior to a major contest to
shake out the new station bugs.

Ended up bailing at 11 am Sunday after using up all my off time - at least we
got 14 hours of running 1500 watts through everything to find out where the
problem spots are - and boy did I find them!

Phone contest in 2 weeks.  Will Jeff and Scott fix it all?  Tune in at 2100Z Nov
15th to find out...

Scott W4PA