[3830] SS CW K7BG Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW K7BG Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2003 21:21:14 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K7BG
Operator(s): K7BG
Station: K7BG

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:
   80:   95
   40:  125
   20:  351
   15:  314
   10:  313
------------

Club: Northern Rockies DX Association

Comments:

I had a half hour still to take off when the bands caved in. I was CQing away
and all of a sudden I noticed no QRM. I opened up the filters and all was quiet
on the western front. I figgered we must have gotten zapped by a big one. Either
that or the dog chewed through all my feedlines again. Took my last half hour
off and went back to the shack not knowing what to expect and what do you know,
things were hopping pretty well again.

Congrats to Paul--K9PG and the whole SMC gang. With 93 IL Q's in my log they
sure have that group out in force. Even worked KB9CRY and that new 3 element 40
he just put up. You were loud Phil!

I can't believe I never ran across VE4VV or GV! Also missed Jay. but I'll catch
him on aurora on 6 meters to make up for it.

Seemed like the low bands were extra tuff from here. I was just able to sneak
around the auroral oval and snag VO1AU who was very weak when calling CQ on 15.
I called him several dozen times throughout the better part of an hour before
getting him. Thanks for the Q and mult.

Do we have to wait a year to do this again?

C U then,
Matt--K7BG