[3830] SS CW K5KG Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K5KG@ARR.NE
Subject: [3830] SS CW K5KG Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 08:13:16 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K5KG
Operator(s): K5KG
Station: K5KG

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WCF
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    0
   80:   82
   40:  279
   20:  170
   15:  212
   10:  148
------------

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Missed NT.  Was NT in the contest at all?

Took a break at 1645z Sunday, and when I came back at 1725z, all was dead.
Couldn't even hear WWV!  Later found out that a flare hit at 1715z.  Finally
resumed at 1745z by working west coast stations on 10m.  By 1810z, was able to
resume a good run on 15m.  Condx really perked up after the flare, so ops who
bagged it after the flare missed some fun.

Tnx to the QRP stations who were always there to answer CQ's.  I found that
running high in the bands, say up 60 or 70Khz, produced a steady stream of
answers, especially from the slower ops.

SO2R was a boon. Spent a lot of time CQ'ing on one band and searching on
another, or CQ'ing alternately on two bands.  SO2R set up:
Stn 1 - Ic-756PRO2, C31XR@60', 2el 40@75', 80m inv vee
Stn 2 - Ic-746PRO, SteppIR Vertical, 6el 10@30'.  A new SteppIR vertical
(mounted above salt water) worked very well, especially on 40 where I could
easily establish runs with it.

73, George, K5KG