[3830] SS CW N7MH(@N6XI) SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n7mh@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW N7MH(@N6XI) SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 15:09:57 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: N7MH
Operator(s): N7MH
Station: N6XI

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 13:20

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:   88
   20:  177
   15:  271
   10:  205
------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

After operating the first few hours of the M/S effort at W6YX I slept for a few
hours and then operated from the home SCV QTH of N6XI while he was up in Truckee
(SV).

I had worked VY1JA on 20 from W6YX but never heard J on Sunday even though I
spent the last few minutes on 20 trying to find him.

Had a bit of RFI affecting keying on 10 meters.  I discovered that rotating the
logging computer by 90 degrees enabled me to increase power from 200 Watts to
around 900 Watts.  The computer was under the operating table and every time I
stretched my legs out anywhere near the computer or raised my arms it would
interrupt the keying.  I ended up completing a lot of 10-meter exchanges with a
hand paddle.

I concur with the comments that others have made about leading zeros in the
number.  The other thing that always made me ask for a repeat was whenever
someone used a cut number.  For some reason my brain assumed that a letter must
be the precedence, even though it was an N or T, and then I just got totally
confused if that was followed by another number or a real precedence.  While
waiting for some other Q's to finish I also noticed that others were asking for
repeats of cut numbers, so I'm not the only one.

Thanks to Rick, N6XI, for use of his station.

-Mike, N7MH