[3830] SS CW K5TA Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, BruceAA5B@aol.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW K5TA Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 07:49:51 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K5TA
Operator(s): K5TA, AA5B
Station: K5TA

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------

Club: NM Big River

Comments:

A week before the contest, this station consisted of a 10/15 dipole at 30 feet,
an empty 70-ft tower, an 80-ft tower with a stuck 20-mtr yagi fed by very
weathered 30-yr-old RG8, and a TS850. Neither of us had done anything serious in
SS in a few years, and we enjoyed this chance to start re-building Scott?s
station and team up operating again. It was fun getting everything ready, kinda
like the excitement of Field Day. Given the hardware disadvantages, we didn?t
have expectations of winning, but it was still a little discouraging to fall so
far behind K0RF in the early hours. Nice job, Chuck and George!

     Bruce AA5B  and Scott K5TA

Main station:
TS850, Titan 425
80: Wire vertical