[3830] SS SSB W4ATL Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w4atl@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] SS SSB W4ATL Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 10:22:03 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: W4ATL
Operator(s): W4ATL
Station: W4ATL

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    0
   80:  206
   40:  340
   20:  368
   15:  176
   10:    0
------------

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Tough SS.  I did not hear AK until the very end of the contest and I never heard
NT although I heard people working VY1JA.  Looks like the guys in 6, 7, 0 abd 5
land had the upper hand in getting the sweep as they were working VY1JA while I
was wondering where he was.

I had a great start on 20 and then things just slowly died throughout the night.
 I had a lot of power line noise on 15M Saturday afternoon and evening.  For
some reason, 40 was dead for me by midnight and that just left 80 on my G5RV (my
80M antenna was damaged during a wind storm.).  Sunday morning was real slow
until about 1500z Sunday.  The 15M power line noise quieted down and it was a
lot better band than the mess on 20M.  By Sunday afternoon I started to feel
better about my effort and ended up just short of last year's score.

This was my first serious effort at SO2R with my Top Ten DXDoubler box
interfacing my FT-920 and K2.  It was fun to listen what the other bands were
doing and looking for multipliers or S&P while CQing on the main rig.  It kept
things moving during the slow periods, and there were lots of slow times for me
during this SS.

I worked a lot of SECC members - thanks for the QSOs.