[3830] SS SSB K6LA Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB K6LA Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 18:42:30 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K6LA
Operator(s): K6LA
Station: K6LA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: LAX
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:
   80:  188
   40:  296
   20:  818
   15:  381
   10:    2
------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

QSB on 15 meters was the worst I have ever heard. I must cancelled 20 potential
QSOs because guys would call in loud, but by the time I finished sending my
exchange they couldn't be heard, or I just couldn't get a piece of their
exchange even after multiple requests. 20 meters was almost as bad at times.

J. found me on 40 meters late Saturday night and later emailed me that he called
me for an 1/2 hour before I heard him, and he was piss weak.  He gave me number
32. He also told me at 1630 I was the only station he could hear on ANY band.
Sure glad this wasn't the year I went to VY1 for Phone SS.

I needed RI and NL for the sweep Sunday morning. Got RI early, but was sweating
NL. I heard the pileup on VO1AU on 20m but he was only working East coast
stations. Then he said he was going QRT for a while. The only good thing about
that was I took the frequency. Fortunately, VO1MP called in on 15m early in the
afternoon for the sweep.

I was down 200 QSOs from last year. Yuk.

73, Ken, K6LA