[3830] SS SSB K7OX SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k7ox@pipeline.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB K7OX SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 22:45:45 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K7OX
Operator(s): K7OX
Station: K7OX

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: Spokane WA
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
  160:
   80:  229
   40:  181
   20:  812
   15:   50
   10:    0
------------

Club: Spokane DX Assoc.

Comments:

Wow what a difference a year makes.  I guess I am getting a real taste of things
to come in the Pacific Northwest and 48 North after moving up from Southern AZ
and 33 North.  This was basically a 3 band contest as 10 was completely dead and
15 was so poor and sigs so weak I only made 50 Q on 15 and they were on Sunday
afternoon.  Other locals started on 15 but to me the band just didn't feel right
and signals were few and far between so started on 20 where it seemed everyone
was and jumped right into the fray of splatter, buckshot, and everyone trying to
stake out a frequency.  I could see all the spots on 10 and 15 but when I went
ther looking for mults, no signals, real bummer.  However, the bright side was
getting a sweep on phone to give me a sweep on both modes this year and some new
coffee mugs.  As usual enjoyed running into old friends and taking the time to
exchange a few words.  Heard some large numbers from a lot of Southern and
Eastern stations so somebody enjoyed decent conditions.  I was begining to think
I was not going to get a sweep still needing VE4 with 50 minutes to go and then
VE4VV running QRP called me on 40 followed shortly with two more VE4's, so it
goes in Sweepstakes.

73

Gary K7OX