[3830] SS SSB N6KL Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB N6KL Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 05:53:38 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: N6KL
Operator(s): N6KL
Station: N6KL

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CO -- Longmont
Operating Time (hrs): 21

------------
  160:
   80:   67
   40:  439
   20:   92
   15:  189
   10:
------------

Club:

Comments:

Ah Sweepstakes.  I missed Mar, Ak, and NNY. Dearly missed them.

But had a blast anyway. The Hexbeam played nicely on 15 but the propagation
didn't let me stay on that band long enough. Probably I should have constructed
the Hexbeam for 20m.  (That was the question--have a better signal on 15m where
there's less QRM, or on 20m where there is more competition. Should have picked
the band that would be open longer).

All the other Q's were on the vertical (single HF6V; not 2 in phase this year).
40m worked well for me this year; had some good runs there too. In between runs
I had to force myself to call CQ more (not my nature as I'm so used to
searching, pouncing). I'd write a time down on a piece of paper.. "Ok, gonna SIT
HERE and call CQ until at least 47 past the hour!"  Then invariably people,
sometimes in clumps, would arrive and call. Guess CQing can take more patience
than S&P since in S&P you're always doing something, even if its just spinning
the VFO.
Next time I'll just have to try the SO2R thing again to be able to do both.

It was great hearing everyone. Thanks Qs and see you in the next one!
73,
Dave, N6KL

Station:  Icom 756 ("classic"), SB-201 amp, TRLog, HF6V vertical, HEX-BEAM set
up for 15m.