[3830] CQWW CW F6IRF SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW F6IRF SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 04:59:50 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: F6IRF
Operator(s): F6IRF
Station: F6IRF

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: jn35
Operating Time (hrs): 35

  160:    0     0        0
   80:  267    16       67
   40:  525    28       94
   20:  236    29       91
   15:  395    29       92
   10:  292    31       87
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

IC735 - homebrew 4cx250 PA - abt 400W
OB6-3M tribander at 12m AGL (2el/band) - inv-V dipoles 40/80 at 18m AGL

Casual participation with my small domestic station and the standard home and
family constraints... So, as an operator training and testing exercise. Anyway
in this contest, being home in a "non rare country" is like being a cow looking
a the trains passing... big time for losers!
One of the purpose was to test the cluster related stuff, and honestly I did not
like it; when thousands of operators are jumping on the same rare multiplier at
the same time, unless you are a "big gun", it can only generates unfair
behaviour, chaos and frustration, and often a real waste of time - at least as a
mono-op, with an average perf. station...
Remains the unique feature of this contest, which makes it "incontournable":
incredible participation from everywhere... Propagation conditions have been far
better than expected, with quite good 10m and 20m still open to NA  during the
last hour, despite -or thanks to?- the aurora (middle of the night for us in
EU).