[3830] CQWW CW ZL6QH M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w.knol@niwa.co.nz
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW ZL6QH M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 13:38:21 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: ZL6QH
Operator(s): ZL1AZE ZL1BYZ ZL2AGY ZL2BSJ ZL2III
Station: ZL6QH

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Wellington
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   19     8       10
   80:  510    30       80
   40: 1717    33       96
   20: 1855    33      122
   15: 1552    32       95
   10: 2149    32       69
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

Good condx all around, except perhaps 160 m. Pre-contest, our attempt to put up
a 15 m monoband yagi was thwarted. But successful alterations were made to the
160 m vertical, adding an 80 m section.

Compared to last year, all bands showed higher QSO numbers.The raw score
increased by 50 %, more than meeting our target of nudging the zone 32 M/M  high
score.

This led to much back-slapping, chest-beating and self-congratulations
immediately after the contest, followed by a celebratory round of left-over
contest coffee.

Many thanks to John ZL1BYZ for making the trip from Up North to do the graveyard
shift and to Tony ZL2AGY for volunteering for two nights of digi QRM on 160 and
static on 80 m.

Wilbert ZL2BSJ, for ZL6QH ops.

PS: QSL via the bureau to ZL6QH. Or direct to ZL2AOH