[3830] CQWW CW NX5M SOSB(A)/160 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW NX5M SOSB(A)/160 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 18:24:49 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: NX5M
Operator(s): NX5M
Station: NX5M

Class: SOSB(A)/160 HP
QTH: TEXAS
Operating Time (hrs): 12

  160:  49     13       26
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------
Total:  49     13       26  Total Score = 4,173

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

I had planned on doing single-band 40m HP.  However, during my drive home from
work Friday afternoon I just did not feel as if I was in a contest mood.  Upon
arrival I walked out and connected the 160 antennas just in case I got in the
mood to make some qsos.  Finally, about 2 hours after the contest had started I
made my way out to the shack and hooked up some gear.
160 was certainly in bad shape....at least here in Texas.  My first impression
was that my beverages were not working.  I heard only ONE European (T9) and he
was very weak.  If he would have even heard me I would not have known who he was
answering.  The signals from D4 and EA8 were strong though. Even the guys from
Canada that I expect to be loud were way down.
CQing was a waste of time so I just bounced around the shack doing some search
and pounce and working on other homebrew projects that needed to be completed.
I have to admit....this is the first time I have ever sat at a desk soldering
circuit boards at 3am in the morning.