[3830] CQWW CW 6Y0A(K2KW) SOSB/160 QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k2kw@prodigy.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW 6Y0A(K2KW) SOSB/160 QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 19:32:31 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: 6Y0A
Operator(s): K2KW
Station: 6Y0A

Class: SOSB/160 QRP
QTH: Jamaica
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:  501    14       31
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Yeah, I'm nuts to enter 160m QRP.  It was (literally) a once in a life time
experience.  I do not plan on doing this again!

Goal was to break the World Record for 160m QRP, which was +28K.  Based on
previous UBN score reductions, I should do it with the claimed score.  If so,
Team Vertical will have broken all 6 of the single band QRP World Records.

I had a very high percentage of dupes - usually we get around 5-6% dupes, but
11% is a bit much.  I guess the weak signal was partly the issue with busted
calls, even beyond the typical confusion of working BY0A at local East Coast
sunset.  Being spotted as CY0A (multipile times) is a new derrivation of the
6Y-BY confusion.  The 501 QSOs is raw, with over 50 dupes.

Competition was intense for the "Worked All Busted 6Y0A Spots Award".  W2FU took
top honors.  After logging him 4 times, I deceided enough was enough, and tried
to tell him he was chasing busted spots.  Too bad he and others refuse to really
listen to the call of a spotted station.  Even when QRSing to 20 WPM people
still didn't listen.  Sheesh.

Kenny K2KW